Saturday, August 12, 2006

KANK!!

"Kabhi Alvida Na kehna"(I prefer to call it KANK) is being touted as the biggest hindi film of the year.I havent seen it yet and neither plan to do so anytime soon.Media reports are overflowing with news of a record opening.I did read a couple of critics reviews and true to their name they were pretty savage about the movie.

I can totally relate to them.Karan Johar makes the same kind of movies all the time and there is a serious lack of creativity and realism in his characters.The other big problem is his buddy SRK who apparently is taking his megastardom too seriously these days.I have a healthy regard for the way he has risen to the top albeit the traecherous waters of fame and fortune.But as an actor SRK seems to have serious limitations.He just cant fall back on acting prowess to enact either drama,tragedy or comedy.So what comes across is a stereotype who makes the same contorted faces,hams the same lines,even walks,runs and smiles the same way in all his screen characters these days.SRK in "Swades" was a revelation,I wish we had more of his sober and low key self on screen.

Karan Johar talks the same crap about "relations"(whatever that means) in all his movies.I guess some university needs to gift him a Phd in "relations" and request him not to make any more movies on the topic.I read in some interview he said "I have grown up"....now if that is true then may God save the fans!.

So basically the question I have for these guys is-"Do you have a story?"..and since the answer is obviously "No" then what the heck is the song,dance and all the tears about??

The next weird thing I find is that SRK stars in the new "Don"....I saw a promo and it made me want to watch Amitabh's original again.Can the God father be made without Marlyn Brando?
None of Amitabh's movies can be remade....the guy and the charisma are timeless....
Remember "Don ko pakadna mushquil hi naheen namumkin bhi hai".

Not convinced?Ok watch this and go figure(:
This is called acting

1 comment:

Ajit Sharma said...

If you would be Amitabh Bacchan, who would be your Helen ? Give an honest answer. Nilu - Watch this space !!