Monday, December 04, 2006

Westward Ho!














I recently returned from my leisurely vacation in California,quite easily my longest vacation in a long time.The two official days off at Thanksgiving and two weekends provided me 12 days to complete my trip and complete I did with starting off my trip from Los Angeles then on to San Francisco and on to Las Vegas and Grand Canyon and back to Los Angeles.It was by all accounts a memorable trip. I was in Los Angeles for a couple of days in the last days of 2000 but most of that trip was spent in Disney World and Universal studios leaving no time to marvel at the natural wonders in California.The weather is quite amazingly pleasant(seems more so if you travel from the mid-west) and the LA expressways are bustling with traffic.Its a big bad city all right!.

It wont do justice to summarize the entire trip in one blog entry so I plan to dedicate a blog each to LA,SFO,Vegas and Grand Canyon.I did take a lot of pictures with my Nikon D80.What I thought were my best work so far are posted at http://flickr.com/photos/rishis75/

Some of the other places I really wanted to visit but had no time to do so on this trip were Yosemite National Park and Lake Taho.Maybe some time soon I would touch down on those too.

I enjoyed my time...more to come.

No comments: