Saturday, January 31, 2009

A brief interlude

I realized that I've not signed into this blog for a while now,7 months actually. In the interim,my midwest journey continues as I am now in Omaha,Nebraska after a brief but incredibly busy stay at Minneapolis. Its yet another winter and the wind chill is immense here in Omaha.On a particularly frigid night,the mercury downed to -22 F,that's the coldest I've ever seen. Its better now,guess the benchmarks have been considerably lowered,20 F seems pleasant now!!.

Its a crazy world out there-an economic downturn getting worse by the day,Rahman and Sukhwinder opening the Oscar night and "Q &A"- a book I read late in 2005 is now a widely acclaimed,academy award nominted movie(Slumdog Millionaire). Rahman never ceases to amaze.Listen to "Arziyan" from the upcoming 'Delhi 6'....unputdownable if ever a song can be called that.

Ganguly and Kumble have bid goodbye from the cricket field,Sachin still going strong.The man and his undying love for the game-an inspiration always.

In the USA,Bush has left presidency and Obama has taken over. A spectacular orator,I just hope he lives up to all the trust and the hype.I remember watching the inaugration back in 2001. This time around it was big,millions turned out on a frigid winter day to celebrate a new President.

My little boy turned 1 back in Oct,how time flies. The seconds keep ticking and the business of life and existence goes on.....

No comments: