Sunday, May 04, 2008

Two immortal songs



One of the most poignant songs ever penned and even more poignantly rendered in the immortal voice of Kishore. The lyrics are a microcosm of life itself, the entire fabric of life with its bitter sweet memories,the tears and the joys. Though in the context in which the song was portrayed it was more a case of betrayal of trust and its eventual fallout. It reflected on the tragic realization of a life wrecked by a seemingly plausible truth which turns out to be a fallacy.

Its one of my all time favorites primarily because of its philosophical undertones, an almost biopic canvas that it paints.

I would have been tempted to lament the lack of creativity amongst today's musicians in producing such sublime quality. While true to some extent, I know that's not the case because I stumbled on to this. Need I say more?

No comments: