Sunday, June 10, 2007

Are you from the past?

Couple of weeks back,one summery evening we were strolling around the pool area of our apartment complex. Its a cool little tucked away area with a nice adults and a kid's pool with an adjoining club/bar.There is a nice children's play area too with swings and slides.I was busy admiring the cute little duck family who were frolicking by the fountain in a nearby pond,when a kid probably around 6 or 7 asked what language we were conversing in-was it Chinese? he asked. Not sure if he would understand if I said Hindi, I told him it was Indian and so were we. He pondered over this for a while and then shot back-Are you from the past? I was amused,obviously he had understood "Indians" as in Red Indians and hence his bewildered question-were we actually the Red Indians from his history books.?I thought about Bill Cosby...he was right-Kids say the darnedest things.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Nice one.....